Upgrading from Daylite 4.0.x to Daylite 4.2.1
We've added new indexes. As a result, we need to perform a schema update on the database. This type of upgrade must be performed in a specific sequence to avoid problems and can potentially take up to an hour to complete. In a multi-user environment, it is recommended that all users upgrade to Daylite 4.2.1 and connect to their database on their local network.
Follow these steps to upgrade from Daylite 4.0.x to Daylite 4.2.1
- Sync ALL desktop clients (File > Sync).
- Sync ALL iPhone/iPad clients.
- On the server machine, turn Daylite Server Off. **Note:** Before you make changes, click the lock button and authenticate with the credentials of a Mac OS X administrator.
- Make a backup of your database in Daylite Server Admin.
- Quit Daylite Server Admin followed by Daylite 4 & Apple Mail on all applicable desktops.
- While logged in as a Mac OS X administrator on the server computer, download and install Daylite Server Admin 4.2.1 Daylite Server Admin will launch automatically after the installation has completed.
- When it is first launched, Daylite Server Admin will ask you to update your databases.
- Turn Daylite Server On (from the General Pane of Daylite Server Admin).
- Download and install Daylite 4.2.1 mounting the DMG and running the installer.
- Download and install Daylite Mail Assistant 4.2.1 by mounting the DMG and running the installer.
- Launch Daylite and connect to your database. Please note that this process may take a while (upwards to an hour) depending on the size of your database.
If the schema update process fails for some reason, you'll need to revert to Daylite 4.0.6. But, before reverting to Daylite 4.0.6, we will need your logs so that we can address the issue. In this specific case, you'll need to initiate a support ticket. The support team will help you revert back to Daylite 4.0.6.
You may also need to delete and re-add your CalDAV and CardDAV entries. If iCal/Calendar or AddressBook/Contacts does not sync anymore, please follow these instructions carefully.
*There are no updates to iOS devices at this time.*