With Billings Pro 1.7 available today, Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Support has ended.
Release June 10, 2014 Kristie Holden
Billings Pro 1.7 is now available on our website and on the Mac App Store. This new release features many enhancements, but it will be the last version to support Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard. We will continue to support Mac OS X 10.7 Lion and newer.
Less than 3% of our customers use Snow Leopard. Most will be able to upgrade for free to Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks. Apple provides a simple upgrade process where you can upgrade from Mac OS X 10.6.8 in one operation. Apple keeps a list of Supported Models to see if your Mac is eligible – most are.
Dropping Snow Leopard support lets us use modern features in Mac OS X, and developing and testing for one less OS means that the time between releases can be faster. Billings Pro will be better for the overwhelming majority of our customers. Apple knows this best; most of their software – such as Pages, Keynote, Numbers, and iPhoto – requires the latest Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks.
Below are the new features and bug fixes in Billings Pro 1.7
- Integration with QuickBooks 2014 for Mac and Moneyworks 7.
- Added the ability to export data in TSV format for: Clients, Projects, Slips, Invoices, Payments, Estimates, Statement (File > Export > Export All to TSV)
- Adding a customer from QuickBooks will now import their billing address into the client card.
Bug Fixes Summary
- Various fixes related to MoneyWorks integration
- Various fixes related to Quickbooks integration
- Improvements to localization text on Invoices and Reports
- Fixed an issue where worker rates may not be saved for a Project after being set.
- Fixed an issue where a slip’s total may not be displayed correctly on a client machine after a sync if the slip was modified via Timecard
- Numerous other fixes.
- For a detailed list of fixes please see our Help Centre article.