Are you a software developer that enjoys remote work, collaborating with teams, and solving challenging problems? If so, we’re looking for an experienced software developer to join our backend team.
The team is responsible for developing, maintaining, and supporting our backend services. Some of the things you might work on:
- RESTful interfaces to persist data for our client apps
- authentication and payment backends
- PostgreSQL database(s) with custom extensions
- Elasticsearch indexing and search
Why you’ll love working at Marketcircle:
- Work remotely!
- Learn. We invest in our employees: conferences, books, and online courses.
- Team. Our team is like our second family. Work, learn, and eat with each other.
You need to be a highly motivated team player; creative and passionate about developing new technology that empowers us to empower our customers.
- an experienced software developer, with some experience building backend services
- comfortable working remotely
- comfortable working independently or collaboratively
- a solid understanding of modern backend applications
- experience with modern API design and ideally know your way around in a web framework such as Ruby on Rails, Django, or Sinatra
- experience with a either Ruby, Python, or a similar scripting language
- an appreciation for well written, tested, and documented code
- experience with Linux or a BSD
- experience with Git and GitHub
Bonus Points For:
- experience with infrastructure management tools (like Puppet, Ansible or Chef)
- experience with cloud infrastructure providers (like AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure or DigitalOcean)
- knowing your way around the network stack, from HTTP to TCP to IP and have a solid understanding of security (TLS/ IPSec/Firewalls)
How To Apply:
Send your resume over to jobs[at]marketcircle[dot]com and be sure to include why you’d be the best fit for this role.