Daylite Server Admin is slow to launch
Daylite Server Admin application is taking upwards to 5 minutes to launch.
Why is this Occurring?
This type of behaviour occur for various reasons such as an overall poor performing computer due to heavy usage of RAM or the processor. This can also be occurring due to unusually large log files being read into Daylite Server Admin at start up.
As a quick fix, you can try restarting the server. This would solve the majority of general performance issues on the server.
If this fails to resolve the issue try the steps below:
- Backup your database.
- Turn Daylite Server Admin OFF and quit the application.
- Open Finder and from the menu bar select Go > Go To Folder.
- Copy/Paste /Library/Application Support/Daylite Server 4/Logs/ and then select Go.
- Rename the file "DayliteEventLogDatabase.mclogdb"
- eg oldDayliteEventLogDatabase.mclogdb
- Restart the computer.
- Launch Daylite Server Admin and turn it back ON.
Now that this has been done Daylite Server Admin should launch normally.