Exporting as a tab delimited or comma delimited text file.
You can export information in your database as a text file containing tab-delimited values or comma-delimited values. Working from the multi-column list view, you can select rows of data and export them. This can be saved as a text file that can be imported into other applications (such as Excel).
To export as a tab delimited or comma delimited text file
- Choose the type of thing you want to report (People, Companies, Projects, Opportunities, Groups, Tasks, Appointments, Notes).
- Choose View > Multi-Column List.
Note: You can display additional columns by right- clicking the column header and selecting the columns you wish to display. You also re-order the columns by dragging and dropping the column header to the desired position.
- Select the record(s) you wish to export.
- Choose File > Export > Export Visible Columns and Selected Rows to File.
- Enter a file name and select a location to save the file.
- Select a format to export. You can select one of tab delimited or comma delimited format. The tab delimited format uses tab characters as separators between fields. The CSV (Comma delimited) format has each of the data elements separated by a comma. Tab delimited/comma delimited text files can be imported into spreadsheets and other database applications.
- Set the appropriate file encoding depending on what you want to do with the exported file. Otherwise, you may want to stick to the default file encoding which is Unicode (UTF8).
- Select the appropriate option for line endings. Otherwise, you may choose to stick to the default line ending which is LF (Default). For instance, if you wish to export items in Daylite as a comma-delimited text file and import that text file into Excel, you should choose the line ending CRLF (Windows).
- Click Save.
Daylite creates and saves the exported file in the specified location.