How can I convert a report template from Daylite 3?
There are some changes with the Daylite 4 and later report engine which may require you to convert any customized Daylite 3 templates.
Follow the steps below to perform this conversion
Back up your Daylite 3 Templates
To begin the conversion you need to make a copy of the reports that will serve as a backup so that you can restore to the original templates if needed.
- Open Finder and choose Go > Go to Folder
- Copy/Paste ~/Library/Application Support/Daylite/ and click return
- Select the Templates folder and choose File > Duplicate
Prepare your Templates for upgrading
- Open The original Templates Folder
- Rename each template by changing .dlreport to .dl4report.
Move your Templates
- Open a second Finder window and choose Go > Go to Folder
- Copy/Paste ~/Library/Application Support/com.marketcircle.daylite4/Templates and hit return
- Drag and Drop Daylite 3 Templates into the new second Finder window
Convert your Daylite 3 Template
- Open Daylite and go to an item one of your reports is for such as People, Tasks, Projects etc.
- Choose File > Print.
- Secondary click on the report print layout and then click Edit.
- In the new report engine editor window, take a look at the right hand side bar. In the Attributes field, type 6.0 for Daylite 6, 5.0 for Daylite 5, or 4.0 for Daylite 4 and Save.
- Repeat until all reports have been converted.
** Please be aware that because of changes made to the report engine, depending on the techniques used to create these reports, they may not look, or act as expected. If this is the case, you may have to modify, or recreate the report in Daylite.