How can I move my Billings Pro database (Self Serve) from one computer to another?
To move your main database (Billings Pro Server Admin) from one computer to another, please follow these steps.
Note: To be able to make changes in Billings Pro Server Admin, click the lock button and authenticate with a Mac OS X administrator credentials.
- Sync all Billings Pro clients (File -> Sync).
- Log out of Billings Pro (File > Log Out).
- Sync all mobile devices.
- Wipe the Touch databases from within Billings Pro iOS (Home > Settings > Account and tap Logout).
- Working from Billings Pro Server Admin, go to the Licenses pane and note down your license code and serial number.
- Turn Billings Pro Server Off.
- Working from the Databases pane, click "Backup Database" and create a backup of the database.
- Transfer the backup file to the new machine.
- Install Billings Pro Server Admin on the new machine.
- Launch Billings Pro Server Admin and select the option to Restore a backup.
- Go to the Licenses pane and add your license information.
- Turn Billings Pro Server On.
- Log in to Billings Pro.
If you are moving the database to a computer that already has Billings Pro Server Admin installed, then omit steps 9 and 10. Instead, in Billings Pro Server Admin, select Databases and choose Replace with Backup and complete the restoration process. Once done, proceed to steps 11-13.
Additional Note: Once the database is moved you must have all Mac and iOS devices log in to the new server. This will create a new local database for each device.