How do I customize the Pipeline Preferences?
Watch this video to learn how to customize Pipelines or read the written instructions below.
To customize Pipelines
- Choose Daylite > Preferences.
- Click Pipelines.
- To add a new pipeline, click the “+” button at the bottom-left corner of the window. Keep
in mind the following:
- In the New Pipeline area, click Edit. Enter a name and brief description for the pipeline. A short, descriptive name that describes the process works best. For instance, if the pipeline represents a web design process, "Web Design" would be a good name.
- Select the “Active” checkbox so that the pipeline is available for selection in Daylite.
- If the pipeline applies to projects, select “for Projects.” If the pipeline is used in the pursuit of tracking new business, select “for Opportunities.”
- If desired, enter low and high threshold numbers for the pipeline. When you run certain reports, Daylite will indicate whether or not you have too few or too many projects or opportunities in this pipeline, based on the numbers here.
- Click Done.
- To add a pipeline stage, click New Stage. Alternately, click the “+” button to the right of the Edit button to add a new stage. Each stage should generally correspond to an
important milestone or major phase of the business process. Keep in mind the following:
- Click once on the stage and Daylite opens a popover.
- Enter a name and brief description to the pipeline stage.
- Click Done.
- To add a new task or appointment for a pipeline stage, click the “+” button to the right of the pipeline stage, select Add Task or Add Appointment, and enter the details. Tasks can be reordered between different pipeline stages by simple drag and drop.
At any point, you may delete the pipeline by selecting it and clicking the “-” button.
Once you have set up your pipeline stages, you can re-arrange their order in the pipeline. Click the pipeline stage and Daylite opens a popover. Click the drop-down button and select how you wish to position the pipeline stage.
Tip: In the Pipelines Preferences, you can set up tasks and appointments that have @@ in their title. When the pipeline is added to a project (or opportunity) and the task (or appointment) is created, the @@ in the task/appointment title is replaced by the project name (or opportunity name).