How do I migrate from Billings to Billings Pro Self Serve?
Migrating your Billings 3 database will move the Billings information on this Mac to Billings Pro Server Admin. You should create a backup of your Billings 3 database before performing the migration.
Below we will outline the steps to do this.
Please note that backups made from Billings 3 versions 3.6.1+ are supported.
- Sync Billings Touch with Billings 3 on your Mac (applicable to Billings Touch users only).
- In Billings 3, create a backup of your database by choosing File > Backup. Note: If you are installing Billings Pro Server on a different computer, please follow these instructions).
- Download and install Billings Pro Server Admin on the server machine.
- Launch Billings Pro Server Admin. This will open the Billings Pro Server Setup Assistant.
- Select the Migrate from Billings 3 option. From here, simply follow the on-screen instructions and your database will be migrated for you.
- Once the migration is finished, the setup assistant will take you through the rest of the first run setup.
- Download and install Billings Pro on the client machine(s) and connect to your database.