How do I restore my Billings Pro database backup?
Depending on your scenario, there are two ways in which you can restore the Billings Pro database backup.
Scenario 1: If you have made a backup of your Billings Pro database via Billings Pro Server Admin and you wish to move to a new server machine, then you can simply restore the backup on the new machine.
Please do the following during the first run.
- Launch Billings Pro Server Admin.
- Click Restore a backup.
- Choose your backup file and click Continue.
- Specify the backup location and schedule. Click Continue.
- Specify the network settings. Click Continue.
- Enter the details of the first worker. Click Continue.
- Set up additional workers, if necessary, and allocate the privileges to access the applications. Click Continue.
- When done, click Finish. Billings Pro Server Admin window opens and the server is automatically turned On for you.
Scenario 2: You would like to restore an older backup of your Billings Pro database due to a problem.
Please do the following:
- Launch Billings Pro Server Admin and turn the switch OFF.
- Click Replace with backup and click OK.
- Choose your backup file and click Select.
- Turn the Server switch back to ON.
Before you proceed ahead, click the Licenses tab and enter your license information. Now, your database is ready to be accessed again.
Warning: All Billings Pro clients will need to Log Out (File menu > Log out) and Log back in to the restored database and create a new Offline. Any un-synched changes will be lost.