How to Create a Daylite Appointments Zap Integration in Zapier
With the Daylite API you can create your own integrations for other apps helping you expand your capabilities as a business. Zapier is a service which allows you to create integrations using the API even if you aren't a programmer. These are called "Zaps".
Follow the steps below if you're interested in creating a Zap to create Appointments in Daylite while using other apps that also use Zapier.
- Click the ‘Make a Zap!’ button.
- Select the Trigger App that will bring new information into Daylite. In this example, we’ll use Google Calendar, however you can choose any app with an available Trigger in Zapier. Choose the ‘New Event’ option, then click on ‘Continue’.
- Choose your Account for the Trigger App. If you don’t have any accounts setup for the Trigger App yet, you can click on ‘Connect Account’ and follow the instructions. Once you’ve selected the account, click ‘Save + Continue’.
- Now you can configure the options for our Trigger App. In our example, we’ll select ‘Calendar’ to choose which calendar we’ll get New Events from. Once that’s done, click ‘Continue’.
- Now you can test to fetch new information from the Trigger App. Follow the instructions and click on ‘Fetch + Continue’.
- If successful, you’ll see a ‘Test Successful’ message and can view the details of the item fetched by Zapier. Click ‘Continue’.
- Now you can setup Daylite as your Action step for the Zap. Click on ‘Set up this step’, and select Daylite as the Action App. You can now select the ‘Create Appointment’ action, and hit ‘Continue’.
- Select your Daylite account to use with the Zap. If you haven’t connected your account yet, select ‘Connect Account’ and follow the instructions. Then click ‘Continue’.
- Now you can setup the template for the Daylite appointments that will be created using this Zap. The subject and timezone are the only required fields for the Create Appointment action. The subject can be a static text subject, or you can generate a dynamic title using the info from the Trigger App. For the timezone, you must select the correct IANA timezone for your location. You can also setup any of the other optional fields, such as the details, location, status, type, and start/end date. Once you have the template setup the way you’d like it, select ‘Continue’.
- You’ll now see a ‘Test Daylite’ screen with the details of the Daylite appointment you’ll create using your Zap template. Click on ‘Create & Continue’.
- If the appointment was created successfully, you’ll see a ‘Test Successful’ screen. Click ‘Finish’. Then you can name your Zap and make sure it is turned on so that new Daylite appointments will get created when new info comes in through the Trigger App.