How to Create a Daylite Projects Zap Integration with Zapier
With the Daylite API you can create your own integrations for other apps helping you expand your capabilities as a business. Zapier is a service which allows you to easily create integrations using the API to connect with other apps and services. These are called "Zaps".
Follow the steps below if you're interested in creating a Zap to create Projects in Daylite while using other apps that also use Zapier.
- Click the Make a Zap! button.
- Select the Trigger App that will bring new information into Daylite. In this example, we'll use Basecamp, however, you can choose Asana, Trello, or any other app with an available Trigger in Zapier. Choose the New Project option, then click on Continue.
- Choose your account for the Trigger App. If you don't have any accounts set up for the Trigger App yet, you can click on Connect Account and follow the instructions. Once you've selected the account, click Save + Continue.
- Now you can configure the options for our Trigger App. In our example, we'll select our account from the drop-down list. Once that's done, click Continue.
- Now you can test to fetch new information from the Trigger App. Follow the instructions and click on Fetch + Continue.
- If successful, you'll see a Test Successful message and can view the details of the item fetched by Zapier. Click Continue.
- Now you can setup Daylite as your Action step for the Zap. Click on Set up this step, and select Daylite as the Action App. You can now select the Create Project action, and hit Continue.
- Select your Daylite account to use with the Zap. If you haven't connected your account yet, select Connect Account and follow the instructions. Then click Continue.
- Now you can setup the template for the Daylite projects that will be created using this Zap. If the project will be assigned to a Daylite user other than yourself, select the Owner dropdown and choose the email address of that user. You can also set a Category or Keywords for all Projects created by this Zap.
- The name and status are the only required field for the Create Project action. By default, the status is new. The name can be some static text, or you can generate a dynamic name using the info from the Trigger App. You can also set up any of the other optional fields, such as the project details, priority, start date, and due date. Once you have the template setup the way you'd like it, select Continue.
- You'll now see a Test Daylite screen with the details of the Daylite project you'll create using your Zap template. Click on Create & Continue.
- If the task was created successfully, you'll see a Test Successful screen. Click Finish. Then you can name your Zap and make sure it is turned on so that new Daylite projects will get created when new info comes in through the Trigger App.