Instructions how to record video for a support ticket
- Launch QuickTime.
- Click on the "File" menu and select "New Screen Recording".
- You will see a little black bar show up on the screen with a record button (round red button).
- Click on the little white arrow (pointing downwards) to produce a sub-menu. Ensure that "Show Mouse Clicks in Recording" is checked.
- Click on the record button and select "Start Recording".
- Go ahead and re-create the issue that you are facing on the screen.
- Once you have completed re-creating the issue, click on the "Stop Recording" button that should be on the very top of the menu bar.
- Once you have stopped the recording, you should see a .mov file on the desktop.
- Compress the movie file.
- If the compressed file is less than 20mb, attach it to the support ticket. If the file is over 20mb, open a web browser and go to this site: http://www.transferbigfiles.com/ Upload the zipped log files. Ensure that you use your email address for the recipient.