How to Restore Your Daylite Sever after migrating with Migration Assistant or Restoring with Time Machine.
You cannot use Migration assistant to move your database or Time Machine to restore. Instead you need to restore from a Daylite backup.
If you have migrated with Migration Assistant or restored with Time Machine follow the steps below to access your server again.
Tip: If you have restored from Time Machine or moved your database with Migration Assistant already jump ahead to step 4.
Note: These steps are for Daylite Sever Admin 4, 5 & 6.
- Sync all Daylite clients to the server and log out of each
- Create a Daylite Server backup
- Erase or Restore your Machine with Time Machine.
- After the computer has been restored open Finder and from the menu bar select Go > Go to folder
- Select the folder Daylite Server 4 and rename it OLD Daylite Server 4
- Restart your Mac
- Download your version of Daylite Server Admin
- Reinstall Daylite Server Admin
- Choose Restore from Backup by following the on screen instructions.