What's new in Billings Pro 1.1?
Billings Pro 1.1
NOTE: The application (Billings Pro) and the server (Billings Pro Server) both must be upgraded to v1.1.
UPGRADE PROCEDURE: Upgrade Billings Pro Server first and then upgrade Billings Pro on all computers. Click here for detailed information about how to upgrade.
Export to QuickBooks:
- You can now export clients, invoices, payments and retainers to an IIF file and then import that IIF file into QuickBooks. You can also import the chart of accounts and client names from an IIF file. Please note that multiple currencies are not supported with QuickBooks. Check the built in apple help (Help > Billings Pro Help) for specific details.
- Billings Pro now integrates with MoneyWorks 6.0.5 (Express, Gold and Data Center). Billings Pro connects to the running MoneyWorks to exchange data. There is no manual file transfer. You can send Clients (that have not been linked using the NameCode), Invoices, Payments and Retainers. Further, payments received in MoneyWorks for an invoice created in Billings Pro are pulled into Billings Pro and the totals are updated. You can also import clients from MoneyWorks into Billings Pro. When doing so, the NameCode is already set. Transactions in multiple currencies are also supported. Check the built in help documentation (Help > Billings Pro Help) for specific details.
Faster Invoice, Estimate and Statement generation:
- The process of creating these documents has been made significantly faster. This is especially on slow networks or on distant networks. The process is the same but the speed has been improved.
Directly add clients:
- You can now add clients directly in Billings Pro. You don't have to import them from Address Book or Daylite. Further, Billings Pro no longer requires the client to be in Address Book before sending an invoice. We've also separated the actions into individual menu items: Add Clients from: Address Book, Daylite, MoneyWorks and QuickBooks (IIF).
Note: If you've created a custom template, please make sure that "abPerson" is removed from various data paths. We handle most cases, but just in case. All built-in templates have been adjusted.
Add Clients via vCard:
- You can now drag vCards from the Finder or Address Book to the Billings Pro dock icon to create or update clients. This is handy when your client list is on an LDAP or CardDAV server.
Open Client in…
- From the client card, you can open the originating client in Address Book, Daylite or MoneyWorks if the client was created from one of those. If there is no client link to Daylite, it does a name search.
- Exposed the "Tax ID" field in the client card. You can display this number in an invoice, estimate or statement where it is required by law.
Current Worker in Blueprints:
- You can now specify "Current Worker" when defining or editing a Blueprint. If set as such, the resulting slip will take on the ownership of the current user.
Worker Name in Slips Export:
- We now include the worker name when exporting slips.
- You can now sort clients by last name.
- Fixed a situation where the user input was not set properly for a report.
- Fixed some page slicing issues with the Report Engine.
- Fixed multi-currency display issues in the Accounts area.
- Fixed a number of minor bugs.