Document Decisions and Share Them with Your Team
In a business, decisions are made every day, but most don't document why they were made. This blind spot creates serious risk when an the issue comes up again and no one remembers why they went down a certain path.
When you use Daylite to remember your decisions, you will always stand on firm ground when you're considering a change of direction.
What you'll learn:
- How to document your decisions
- How to gather decisions in one place
- How to share your decisions
Document your decisions
The first step to documenting your decisions is to create a Note category. This will help you differentiate decisions from other types of notes, and allow you to create filters and Note lists.
- Along the menu bar choose Daylite > Preferences and click Categories
- Select Notes
- Click the Plus symbol to add a new Category and name it Decisions
Make your decisions stand out by choosing a Category colour in the colour picker.
Gather decisions in one place
Next, you can gather all your decisions in one place with a Notes Smart List.
- On your side bar click Notes
- Click the add filter button
After clicking the add filter button, you will see the filter window:
To filter contacts without recent activity, update the filter:
- Set your filter to Match all
- Filter for the category Decisions
Your filter should look like this:
Save the filter by cliking Save As Smart List. The list will appear on the left hand side, rename it Decisions.
Share your decisions
Documenting your decisions in a decisions is great for you but they should be shared with your team. Sharing Smart Lists is quick and easy.
- Hover your mouse over the Decisions Smart List on your sidebar
- Click Shared With and choose Everyone
Now everyone on your team will be able to trace back any past decisions, as well as contribute to decisions.
The sum of a business is the decisions made over it's history. Documenting your decisions allows you to look back and understand the context of your decisions, helping you make better decisions in the future.