Making a Prospecting List
When you’re in a rhythm staying top of mind, you don’t have to chase leads because business comes to you. But, who has the time to do all the work?
With email templates and list building built right in, Daylite has the tools you need to stay top of mind with your customers.
What You'll Learn
- Writing a Letter Template
- Classifying Prospects
- Creating a Prospecting List
- Emailing your Prospecting List
Writing a Letter Template
Letter Templates are the number one way to save time when staying top of mind with your prospects. Letter templates give you a way to consistently message groups of people, while still giving them the personal touch. Here is an example of a Letter Template that uses a contact’s first name and their phone number kept in Daylite.
Summer has been crazy! Its amazing how fast time has passed. I was working and it just popped into my head, “I haven’t heard from <$contact.firstname$> in a while!”
Well, I thought I better shoot you a quick message to let you know I was thinking of you and to see how you were doing. If you need any help, or would like to chat let me know and if so can I still reach you out at <$contact.defaultPhone.fullPhoneNumber$>?
- Choose Daylite > Preferences > Letter Templates
- Click “+” and name your template
- Double-click your new template
- Create a message that you can use to stay top of mind.
- Once done, click File > Save and close the window.
Tip: Daylite can use the Letter Templates title as the subject. So, if you have a subject in mind, use that as the Title of the Letter Template
Categorizing your prospects makes it easy to find your contacts and track them as they move through your funnel. They give you a quick colour coded visual representation of a contact, as well as making creating lists easy.
If you don’t have your prospects in Daylite yet, read How to Add Contacts to Daylite. Once imported, you will see a list of newly imported people, which you can use to follow the steps below.
- Select the contacts you want to modify
- Choose Edit and select Bulk Edit
- Click the checkbox next to Category
- Select Prospect
- Click Apply
Now, all the contacts you selected will have the category Prospect applied to it, allowing you to keep track of what type of contact they are to you, and do things like building a list of just your prospects you need to contact.
Creating a prospecting list
A prospecting list is a list of people who you plan on contacting, usually for the first time. It searches your contact list for all your prospects, and it updates as you add or change a contact's category.
- On the Sidebar, select All People
- Click “+” bottom left corner of Daylite
- Select New Person Smart List
- Click “+” to add a filter
- Click Activity and change to Category “is” “Prospect”
- Click “…” to add a new filter type
- Change the “Match All” to “Do not match any”
- Choose the time period you want to stay in contact
- Give your Smart List a title, like Follow-up with Prospects
Your Smart List should look something like:
Because we want to stay top of mind, this example also checks for people with no activity in 90 days. You can optimize your prospecting list by adding and changing criteria, like how many days of inactivity is ok, or the properties of linked items.
Emailing your prospecting list
You can email the people in your prospect list one at a time, but it’s usually better to send out a bulk message using a template. This way you can write a consistent message, and reduce the time it takes to send emails. Create a repeating task and get into a rhythm helps you find even more ways to stay top of mind.
Tip: Letter templates are best when emailing less than a few dozen prospects at a time. If you have a very large prospecting list, consider integrating Daylite with an email marketing too like MailChimp or Direct Mail(https://www.marketcircle.com/add-ons)
- Select the Follow-up with Prospects
- Choose Edit > Select All
- Choose Edit > Merge > Write Letter in Daylite…
- Select the letter template you want to email
- Choose Open in Email Editor
- Select “Merge”
Daylite will create personalized emails for each person in Apple Mail that you can review and send out.
Tip: Save time linking and sending emails by turning on Daylite Mail Assistant auto linking and send emails with the keyboard shortcut CMD+D.
Daylite helps you organize your prospects, create bulk email templates, and nurture those important relationships to stay top of mind.
Have a question about what workflow is best for you? Book a free business consultation today!