How to Streamline Your Projects
A great sales process is one that is simple to follow, repeatable, easy to teach to new employees, and can be refined over time.
Daylite helps you streamline your sales processes everyone knows what still needs to get done, who is doing what, and work towards closing bigger deals faster.
What you'll learn:
- How you can manage and streamline your sales process
- How to define the stages of your different sales processes and apply them to a new deal
- How to fill in each stage so a new deal already has all the steps and meetings automatically added
- How to review and refine your sales process
Manage and Streamline Your Sales Process
Daylite gives you simple yet powerful sales tracking and streamlining tools and it all starts as an Opportunity. Watch this video and see just how much you can do. To learn more about how to create new Opportunities check out How to Capture New Business.
Define Each Step of Your Process
Opportunities help you track deals and remember the details but also include additional tools to take you further, like Pipelines. Pipelines are the foundation of your sales process and are the high-level steps that you walk each lead through.
Create a Pipeline and Add Stages
- Choose Daylite > Preferences > Pipelines
- Click + to add a new Pipeline
- Name the Pipeline and add a description of when it should be used
- Select Opportunity to make this a Pipeline for new deals
- Click + Add Stage, name the stage and click Done
If you are creating a new Pipeline that is similar to one you already have, click Duplicate Pipeline and update the new copy.
Applying a Pipeline and Changing Pipeline Stages
Defining the stages of your Pipeline is a great first step, but you also want to change the stage on an Opportunity. This way anyone can check on a new deal and see how it is progressing. It is also helpful for creating custom views using Filters, as well as reporting. The first step is to add a new Pipeline.
- Locate the Opportunity in either My Opportunities or All Opportunities
- Click the Tasks & Pipelines tab
- Click Choose a pipeline and choose the Pipeline you want to use
Once you have a Pipeline selected, click the Stage you want your Pipeline Set to and click Change Stage. The current stage will be highlighted in blue.
Fill in the Tasks and Appointments
Now that you have the big steps or stages of a deal, it is time to get into the nitty-gritty. Every stage of a Pipeline can have a custom Activity Set for it. This way all the tasks and appointments are automatically filled in for you. Assign Tasks and Appointments, due dates, reminders and more with the click of a button.
Add Activity Sets to Your Pipeline
If you're not already in Daylite Pipeline Preferences, open it by going to Daylite > Preference > Pipeline
- Select the Pipeline you want to add an Activity Set to
- In the appropriate Pipeline Stage, click + New Task or + New Appointment
- Fill in the details of the Task or Appointment
When you use @@ in the name of a Task or Appointment within an Activity Set, it will be replaced with the name of the item which it is added to. Eg. If you name a Task "Send quote to @@" and add the Activity Set to Marisha Key, the Task will be named "Send quote to Marisha Key".
When you change stages in a Pipeline, you can have your stage populated with all the Tasks and Appointments you already created.
Refine Your Process With Reports
Your process is now chugging along, but how do you know if things are working? Insight view, print reports, and in-app reports give you the information you need to understand your strengths and weaknesses so you can refine your processes and close more deals.
With a simple to follow and repeatable sales process, you will close more deals. Whether a seasoned veteran or a recent hire, your sales team will have the information, expectations, and tools at their finger tips to be successful.
Want help creating the perfect sales process? Let us pair you with a Daylite Expert who can fine-tune your business processes by implementing Daylite in your workflows.