How to Share Your Daylite Contacts
Sharing your Daylite contact list lets you do more. With your Daylite contact list in other apps, you can take advantage of the features they offer.
What you'll learn:
- Benefits of sharing your Daylite contacts
- How to share your contacts in Daylite on the Mac, iPhone and iPad
- How to set up Daylite to be your default contact list on the Mac, iPhone, and iPad
Why share your Daylite contacts?
Sharing your Daylite contacts allows you to see your contacts in other apps, so you can add, edit, or leverage your contacts even when you're working outside of Daylite.
Here are a few examples of things you can do by sharing your Daylite Contacts:
- Use Caller ID with your Daylite contacts on your iPhone
- Use your iPhone and iPad camera with business card scanners
- Make calls with Siri
- Add Daylite contacts to Mail's VIP list
- Easily import contacts to Daylite from other contact lists
Share your Daylite contacts on the iPhone and iPad
Sharing your Daylite contacts to your iPhone and iPad lets you do things like make calls with Siri, add contacts with a business card scanner on your iPhone and more.
- Tap Daylite on your iPhone or iPad
- On the Daylite Home Screen navigate to Settings > Contacts
- Tap Install Contacts Profile
- Tap Install in the top right corner and confirm
- Tap Done
Next time you open Contacts on your iPhone or iPad, you will see your Daylite contacts in a separate Daylite group.
Share your Daylite contacts On The Mac
Watch the video or follow the steps below to add your Daylite contact list to Contacts.
- Open Daylite on your Mac
- Choose Daylite > Preferences > Contact Sharing
- Select All Contacts
- Click Install Contacts Profile ￼
- Click Install
Next time you open Contacts on your Mac, you will see your Daylite contacts in a separate Daylite group.
Make Daylite your default contact list
When you share your Daylite contacts, it doesn't merge your contacts with other databases. Instead, each will be kept in a separate contact list. Making Daylite your default contact list on the Mac, iPhone, and iPad means your devices will use the Daylite list automatically when adding or reading contacts.
On the iPhone and iPad
- Tap Settings for your iPhone or iPad
- Tap Contacts
- Tap Default Account
- Select your Daylite Account
On the Mac
- Open Contacts and choose Contacts > Preferences
- Click General, then select your Daylite account in the pop-up menu labelled Default Account
Now Daylite is shared with the Contacts app on the Mac, iPhone, and iPad. With all of your contacts in one place, Daylite helps you build more relationships, close more deals, get more done, and scale your business. Want to share your calendar? Check out How to Share Your Daylite Calendar.